Alright so I’ve been trying out a lot of new recipes from Pinterest and have decided to start a food blog. I have been posting pictures on Facebook, but I can’t very well type the whole recipe out in the description box now can I? Since this is my first blog post, I thought it would only be fitting to let a breakfast food take the lead. Today I’m going to be making French Toast. Now, if you only knew what a big step this was for me. The only French Toast I have ever had has been soggy and gooey and just plain gross so I’ve stayed away from it for a long time, but Rowdy (my fiance) always talks about how much he loves it so I’m going to try it again except this time I’m going to be making it myself.
I didn’t want this to just be French Toast because where is the fun in that? I’d like all the recipes on here to be simple yet have great presentation and be full of surprises. So the recipe I chose is from Allrecipes.com and it goes a little something like this:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 12 thick slices bread
- Measure flour into a large mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- Soak bread slices in mixture until saturated. Cook bread on each side until golden brown. Serve hot.
Now, I don’t have thick bread, I have thin slices of whole wheat bread which I’m assuming a lot of you have in your kitchen as well. So hopefully you have everything you need for this already in your kitchen.